Shine's Thyme

Daily ramblings of a ridiculously happy housewife and mother. Come in and see how sweet life can be!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Simple Change

Hello girls! Well...this has been a different week to say the least. After having our house on (and off) the market for the last 5 years, we had a showing last Sat.! (the first in almost 2 years). Then, the couple wanted a SECOND showing!! (now I'm getting "a little" excited.) Then the next day...they made an offer!!!!! Can I scream YAY!!!!!!!!!!! They LOVED our house!!!!!! Just as we do.....there is ALWAYS someone else out there like you:) NOW....the scramble will be on to find our next home. Actually....tomorrow, we'll find out if we have to scramble. Their first offer wasn't ridiculous by any means, but we could not accept it. So we countered, and, hopefully...they'll come back tomorrow (by 4:00 pm) and have a better offer. I'm trying not to get too excited ya'll :)
HOWEVER, in the meantime....I  have a cute transformation to share.
If you'll recall....on Mother's Day, my sweet hubby surprised me with a gift I'd wanted a long time.
It was instant infatuation. I LOOOOVE my swing girls. BUT....take a looky at how much better it looks now.
See! I made my chain covers!!! They are super easy to make (you can find a great tutorial here) cordcoversandmore, and they make such a BIG difference!! (The BLOOMING hydrangea doesn't hurt anything either:)
Girls....it's my most favorite place. I sit here every chance I get and try to just look at the birdies....or the flowers, and I am so thankful for all that God has done for me. No matter if He wants us to move or wants us to stay....I really don't care at all. I ask only that He goes with me, wherever I go.
Blessings to you all sweet friends.....Love Shine.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh I'm so excited for you Shine!!!
Wherever you are, He'll be with you...
I love your swing and it must be lovely sitting there and just listening to nature and hearing all of the sweet sounds of spring!
I love your chain covers too..great idea!!
Your hydrangeas are lovely...one of my favourites!!
Hope you have a blessed weekend and can't wait to hear the final result of this journey..xoxo

Deborah xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I like it very much!