Shine's Thyme

Daily ramblings of a ridiculously happy housewife and mother. Come in and see how sweet life can be!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm just sayin'..........

Before you get into a project.....always be prepared. I thought I was this time. Prepared for it to take a long time, things to be really messy, etc. I think my problem is, I really just don't like the doing of it. LOVE the results, but yuck, the projects just seem to drag too long. I'm really grateful to have a super talented hubby that can do almost anything handy you could think of, but he's too busy! He has to work of course......then there's always a waiting list for him of projects and maintenance things. We got the paper down in the bedroom project in record time. Now, however, we have to wait. Wait for the walls to be sanded, then a thin layer of sheet rock spread and sanded. All the crown and shoe moulding had to be nailed down as it never really was, nail holes filled, sanded scraped and primed. Wowzers. I'm pooped. Can't wait for it too just be to the painting satge, then I can jump back in there and get the ball rolling again. This could be bad since this is the first of three huge projects I hoped to accomplish before the end of Feb. Better suck it in, take a deep breath and quit my belly aching. Life goes on......

No comments: