Shine's Thyme

Daily ramblings of a ridiculously happy housewife and mother. Come in and see how sweet life can be!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Serious sweetness!

Do you love hot chocolate? I mean really LOVE  hot chocolate? If so.....you must take notice and try the following recipe. If you choose to ignore this post.....well you've missed out on some of the world's most incredible yumminess:) It's really simple, but unbelievably fabulous. ENJOY Sweet Friends!!

Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate
Makes 10 chocolate balls, enough for 10 1-cup servings.


1 (12 oz.) bag (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt

Microwave chocolate, cream, and salt in large bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 2 minutes.

Stir until smooth.
Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Roll 3 TBLSP. chilled chocolate mixture into ten 2-in. balls.


Individually wrap balls in plastic wrap and transfer to zipper-lock bag. Refrigerate for 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months. (They will NOT last that long:)
To make 1 cup of hot chocolate, combine 1 unwrapped chocolate ball and 1 cup of milk. in a large mug and microwave about 2 minutes, or drop ball in milk and heat on low heat on stove till melted . Whisk for frothing.



Have a most beautiful evening! With much love, ~~Shine~~

3 comments:

Deborah said...

HI there sweetness!
Do you even know HOW much I love hot chocolate??!!
I was just on my way to go get one!
I love it any time of year!!
Thanks for this sweet recipe...just one more thing we have in common sweet friend :)
Hope you are doing well..so nice to hear from you again xoxo

Much love,
Deborah xoxoxooxox

Anonymous said...

I have to try this! You, me, and Theresa have got to get together!
Cindy

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, how I love hot chocolate. This looks delicious. I especially love it around the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley