Shine's Thyme

Daily ramblings of a ridiculously happy housewife and mother. Come in and see how sweet life can be!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'm going in

I have had a spinning wheel now for about 8...maybe 10 years. We bought it, finished it, assembled it....I played with it sporadically, but I have never given myself over to it.
I love looking at my wheel....and I've dreamed over the years of making her fly...and spinning the most beautiful of yarns.

I just never could seem to make the time to learn it properly. I wanted to make gorgeous yarn, but when I spun, my yarn was knobbly and not even cute like the popular knobby yarns these days...just ugly and wrong. 
Most people wonder why on earth I would want to do such a thing in the first place....just go buy yarn. I can't explain it, it's just something I yearn to do....and not only just do, but do well. Have you ever seen gorgeous handspun yarn? If not take a look here. This yarn lady is awesome. Her yarn is exactly what I want to do. SO precise and gorgeous. 

For the past two weeks, I have been pondering on my wheel. She has been beckoning me to come and master her, and guess what? I do believe that now is the time. For the first time since I've had my wheel, I did manage to produce a fairly decent yarn. Not willing to share that just yet, but it wasn't all bad, and now, I'm jumping in head first. I've been in touch with my spinning lady who has DVD's ordered for me....rovings for me and best of all....I'll be having some private lessons.
So soon dear friends.....very soon...you'll be seeing lots of postings on newly spun yarn. Who knows???? Perhaps even an etsy shop in the near future:) Whatever is calling your name girls....go for it....CARPE DIEM!!!
Blessings ~~Shine

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Good for you Shine!!!!
That is wonderful...I'm so happy for you and excited for what you are going to create!!
By the way, your spinning wheel is beautiful...and so are you!

Much love,
Deborah xoxoxooxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

OOh, maybe I will get to knitwith some of your yarn someday! Don't forget to call me when you go to the yarn store.
Cindy

Letitia said...

Glad you are enjoying it!