Shine's Thyme

Daily ramblings of a ridiculously happy housewife and mother. Come in and see how sweet life can be!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Too good to be quiet about:)

In our home, we have lots of OLD furniture. Some we bought at yard sales, flea markets...etc. Sometimes out of necessity, sometimes, when we were fortunate, just because we love old things. I have tried over the years to take care of what we have, just kinda felt a responsibility to do that. One day one of my sisters said that we (my husband and I) were better caretakers of what God had blessed us with than anyone she knew. That made me feel like it mattered....the things I do. To think that God blesses us is beyond my comprehension, but, maybe, that is why I do the little things I do....to be a good caretaker of my blessings:)
Once while visiting a favorite  blog...(I have many:))....I read where Cass had used a new product that she gave very high reviews. This product truly is amazing. It's inexpensive, so I thought I'd give it a try. What do you think?......these are the results.



No need to tell where I used it:) If you love your old furniture, you need to feed it...it really does dry out:(
Just thought this may be useful to some other antique lover. Think I'm going to have to order some more:) The product name is Feed-N-Wax. You may be able to purchase it locally, but it was easier for me to order it. Hope you all have a lovely and VERY blessed evening.
PS.....Think I'll link this up with a new sweet friend, Kathy, at A Delightsome Life. Visit her awesome blog for lots of new inspiration and ideas!!
Much love~~Shine

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So glad I stopped by! And, so glad you shared - I loved how your post echoed sentiments I have been thinking of lately - I will look for this - you're right we are caretakers and what God has blessed us with we are responsible for! I am so happy and blessed to meet you! I am your newest follower!
God Bless,
Kathy

Kathy said...

hello again, Thank you for adding my button to your sideboard! It means a lot to me! So glad you shared with Home and Garden Tuesday - we're growing each week! I am definitely looking for this product to feed the treasured pieces of furniture in my home!
God Bless,
Kathy