Shine's Thyme

Daily ramblings of a ridiculously happy housewife and mother. Come in and see how sweet life can be!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Progressive Fun!

Last night my family and I went with two other families on an evening of festive fun. We opted not to do the traditional appetizers first stop, main course second stop, dessert third, but decided to do it our own way and wound up having three savory dishes and three sweet dishes at each stop. It was so fun to be able to see how everyone decorated their houses and sample all their yummy treats. Our three families have known each other about 17 years, and over the course of time we have watched our children grow up and become adults and have children of their own. We have giggled much and cried a little. Grieved and shared and inspired each other all along the way. What a special blessing! I am ready to go and put some of my new inspiration to use down in my craft room! Perhaps I'll take some baklava or maybe a rum ball with me.....just a couple of delectibles I stashed away after each visit!

1 comment:

Mary-Catherine said...

Hi Miss Tammie!
I'm so excited that you found me! Yes, Blogging is very addictive...pretty soon you will be carrying your camera in your purse with you to the grocery store "just in case" I can't wait to follow your blog and read about your family. :)