Shine's Thyme

Daily ramblings of a ridiculously happy housewife and mother. Come in and see how sweet life can be!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I guess it was...inevitable


Ok....so I've been very blessed. Haven't been sick in so long I can't remember, at least, seriously, like bed ridden etc. So I suppose it was just bound to happen sooner or later. On New Years Day, while putting away Christmas decorations, I started feeling weird. Just yucky. Thought it was probably just dust or whatever. On Fri. morn., the next day, I was sick. I mean, fever, chills, deep cough, splitting headache. All symptoms of... you got it, THE FLU. I spent all day Fri., Sat., & Sun. in bed, barely able to hold my head up. Finally on Mon., I was able to get up and migrate to the couch. Today is better, able to do a few more things. Hopefully, everyday will bring lots of improvements. We seriously take our health for granted. Just being able to do simple things like feed ourselves....yikes! We are blessed indeed. Now hopefully, the evil bug is on it's way out and life will resume in it's lovely fashion. Today however, I don't take anything for granted and am very thankful for all unassuming privileges.

Before my downfall, I bought this beautiful arrangement as part of my Christmas splurging. I just fell in love with it. After the holidays, I had to take out all the Christmas stuff, but the grain bucket is still so pretty, I decided to play around with it and see what I liked best in it. Today, I like dried hydrangeas. Tomorrow I may like some fruit. I'll keep playing and keep ya posted. BTW~When posting this, it did NOT look this way, even in preview. I think I'm hopeless when it comes to doing this right! The worst thing is...I can't fix it!!

1 comment:

Lovie said...

I've done the same thing on my blog. I can't seem to figure out how people get all fancy with their posts. Love the grain bucket