Shine's Thyme

Daily ramblings of a ridiculously happy housewife and mother. Come in and see how sweet life can be!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Busy, busy bee.....







So much going on this winter. Seems like the days pass as quickly as they begin. Sometimes I get frustrated because I have so many things to do, I don't know what to do next. I've been trying to stay focused on homeschooling and family, but I've also managed to do a few other things after spending two full weeks of this month sick. I'm going to show some pictures of a doll I made for Anna and a friend of hers for Christmas. Yes I did make these in Dec., but they were so cute, I didn't want to forget them and thought posting a picture would be a good way to always remember. Also, perhaps someone else will see and be inspired. She's a "flip-flop doll". I found the idea in Gooseberry Patch Christmas book #10. Anna thinks she is just the best. Also I've been doing some knitting, (with a little help from my friends) and I've got a new quilt on the machine downstairs. I've decided to make my four children each a quilt this year, so I have to get started on that now! Also I'm getting ready to my spin my first two ply yarn. I've spun two spindles of yarn and now I will reverse the wheel and spin them together to make a nice two ply. It is the coolest thing, that spinning wheel. Can't wait to get it all done! Better go get busy at doing something now...the clock is ticking.

No comments: